Thursday, 16 May 2013

New Words!

We love new words in the iBots.

Yesterday we learnt three new words that we had never heard of before.

Persuade, opinion and reason.

An opinion is something that we think - we don't have to think the same as other people. It is our idea. Our example was about things we like and don't like. My opinion is that broccoli is yucky; Florence's opinion is that broccoli is yummy.

A reason is when we tell someone why... e.g. I hate broccoli because it feels yucky in my mouth.

Persuade is making someone else think how we think. An example of this is "Please don't make me eat the broccoli because it feels yucky in my mouth."

Sometimes we try to persuade someone in our family..."Please can you take me to the skatepark because my friend is going to be there."

 Great thinking iBots!

No comments: